Child Hearing Loss
So Your Child has Hearing Loss
So Your Child has a Hearing Loss: Next Steps for Parents is a booklet published by the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AGBell). The AAO-HNS is posting this online version of the booklet as a service to our members' patients.
- What is Early Detection, and Why is it Important?
- What is Early Intervention?
- Types of Hearing Aids
- Types of Hearing Aid Circuitry
- If Hearing Aids Aren't the Answer, Learn About Cochlear Implants
- Where Can I Find an Early Intervention Program in My Community?
- Communication Options - What Does That Mean?
- What Happens When My Child Turns Three?
- How Can I Help my Child Succeed in School?
- Learn About Techniques and Technology that Assist Learning in the Classroom
- Suggestions for Parents whose Child is Entering a Regular Classroom
- How Can You Make Your Home Communication-Friendly?
- Having Fun and Broadening Horizons
- As Your Child Gets Older
- References and Resources
- Author Credits
© 2011 AAO-HNS/AAO-HNSF