Child Hearing Loss
So Your Child has Hearing Loss
So Your Child has a Hearing Loss: Next Steps for Parents is a booklet published by the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AGBell). The AAO-HNS is posting this online version of the booklet as a service to our members' patients.
- 01 Introduction
- 02 What is Early Detection, and Why is it Important?
- 03 What is Early Intervention?
- 04 Types of Hearing Aids
- 05 Types of Hearing Aid Circuitry
- 06 If Hearing Aids Aren't the Answer, Learn About Cochlear Implants
- 07 Where Can I Find an Early Intervention Program in My Community?
- 08 Communication Options - What Does That Mean?
- 09 What Happens When My Child Turns Three?
- 10 How Can I Help my Child Succeed in School?
- 11 Learn About Techniques and Technology that Assist Learning in the Classroom
- 12 Suggestions for Parents whose Child is Entering a Regular Classroom
- 13 How Can You Make Your Home Communication-Friendly?
- 14 Having Fun and Broadening Horizons
- 15 As Your Child Gets Older
- 16 References and Resources
- 17 Author Credits