17 Author Credits
So Your Child has a Hearing Loss: Next Steps for Parents
AG Bell would like to thank Susan Coffman, Director of Professional Programs and Services from 1986 to 1998, for volunteering her time in writing the first draft of this booklet. Current Director of Member Services Rebecca Parlakian's work in building upon and expanding the original draft has been
invaluable as well.
We would also like to thank:
- Vickie Thomson and Alison M. Grimes, both of whom are clinical audiologists, on behalf of the American Academy of Audiology;
- Neil O. Ward, M.D., interim Executive Vice President of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery;
- Evie Cherow, Director of Audiology, on behalf of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association;
- Donna L. Sorkin, Executive Director of AG Bell;
- Stephen Epstein, M.D., Past President of AG Bell;
- John K. Niparko, M.D. of the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at The Johns Hopkins University; and
- Sue Griebler, a strong advocate for early identification in the state of Maryland for their time and generosity in reviewing the booklet for accuracy.
© 2011 by Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing