10 Tips for Sinusitis Sufferers
You may have sinusitis if you suffer from:
- symptoms of upper respiratory infection lasting ten days or more.
- facial pressure or pain.
- nasal discharge that is yellow or green.
- post-nasal drip.
At-home treatments for sinusitis include:
- saline nasal sprays that moisturize the nasal cavity, reduce dryness, and help clear thick or crusty mucus.
- humidification (moisturizing the air) of living spaces in dry climates will aid the movement of mucus through the sinuses.
A physician visit for your sinus pain will:
- determine if you have an infection requiring an appropriate antibiotic.
- discover if you require intensive medical treatment for a condition such as nasal obstructions, necessitating sinus surgery.
© 2011 AAO-HNS/AAO-HNSF